Grinding is most commonly used when a material is too hard to machine efficiently or when the tolerances required are too precise for machining. Rable Machine's grinding capabilities including centerless grinding, through feed grinding, plunge form grinding, O.D. Grinding, I.D. grinding & honing and surface grinding.
- Our grinding and honing equipment allows us to hold tolerances down to one micron and produce parts with extremely fine finishes and accurate dimensions.
- We can grind and hone and bar stock up to three inches in diameter and 24 inches in length.
- We can surface grind flat parts to 12" X 10"X12" holding fine finishes and close tolerances.
- Our grinding expertise is supported by our ability to perform precision honing with our vertical honing machine with two independently programmable spindles. This piece of equipment has a bi-directional rotary table honing diameter range of 3-66 mm. It allows us to provide ultra precise honing on a wide variety of components.
- One of Rable Machine's specialties is the grinding and honing of matched set spools and sleeves. Each set is tested with air gauges that are used to measure the I.D. of the sleeve and the O.D. of the spool and the actual clearance is marked clearly on each matched set. This kind of attention to detail makes Rable Machine the preferred choice for any project that involves matched sets of spools and sleeves.